Saturday, May 21, 2011

A new addition to our family :)

So, Jordan and I are now the proud parents of a 6 week old super sweet puppy.

I want to share about how this happened, because to me, it just felt like the right timing.

First of all, you should know that I have been wanting a dog/puppy since we got married and even before... But my husband does not want there to be a dog in the house.. and I have to agree with him to an extent. I don't really want a dog in the house when we have a new baby in a few months... It just makes me nervous.

So, Today I was working.. and I was extremely tired and frustrated from working every single day this week. And I was also dreading the thought of having to work tomorrow. (Sunday) Needless to say, I was feeling very down in the dumps...  I was sitting outside on my break texting my wonderful husband when all of a sudden I see my future puppy. There was a sweet looking lady and her young son pushing a buggy full of these beautiful puppies toward the front of the store. I saw how cute they were from far away, and I went over to the lady and her son to ask how much money she was asking for the puppies. She then informs me that the puppies are "free to a good home."

I told myself as I was walking over that I wouldn't get my hopes up because I had 2 hours left at work, and nowhere to put a puppy...I was the very first person to walk over to the lady with the puppies. I was there half a minute before 3 people walked up to look at the puppies. I picked our puppy up after the first person walked over because he was the only one his color. I was there for a total of 3 minutes and literally 20 people had gathered over to see the buggy with the 6 remaining puppies. One person from every group of people told the lady that they wanted the puppy in my arms because he was the most beautiful. So, I held on tighter...  With puppy cuddled in my arms... I made a phone call, and on the other end of the phone... My WONDERFUL, AMAZING, SWEET husband told me he would come up to my work and pick the puppy up. I cannot tell you how HAPPY this made me. I can't remember feeling this happy in such a long time!! Have I ever mentioned before that I have the most AWESOME husband in the world.. because I most certainly do.

So, I went to the lady and her son and asked if she could please hold the puppy for about 20 minutes because my husband was going to come pick him up. He is a gray and black beauty...
Told you so.















After 20 minutes of waiting (with tons of excitement on my part) my husband arrived and took our puppy home. He was with him in the garage when he decided we should name him "Obediah". Which I immediately loved!! And that was it. He is a part of our family now :)

Now you know the short story of how we have this sweet puppy at home with us. The hubby and I just got back from an evening sunset stroll with our puppy :) And I love him already (the puppy that is) hehe.

So, I haven't felt this happy in a long time about any gift. And I know I have the most wonderful husband who loves me and let me bring home this sweet puppy :)


I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment